Google Play Services is one of the most important parts of your Android phone. Many of your apps need Google Play Services to work smoothly. Despite being an important service, it is can be very elusive as some people are not even aware of its existence.
In simple words, Google Play Services is software that helps connect your apps, Android and Google Services. It quietly runs in the background of your device at all times. Its main purpose is to manage push notifications and other day-to-day things that are important. It is also part of Google Mobile Services.
Google Play Services is also known to hide sensitive information from apps. Besides that, it helps manage background tasks to maintain your device’s battery efficiency. In other words, it links Google Play Store to Google APIs. Without Google Play Services, it is nearly impossible for you to use your Android device. It is an extremely important service for all Android users.
- Google Play services are used to update Google apps and apps from Google Play.
- It provides core functionality like authentication to your synchronized contacts, Google services, lower-powered location-based services, and the latest user privacy settings.
- It also improves your app experience.
- It speeds up offline searches and provides more immersive maps.
- It also improves your gaming experiences.
- It has two important security features including SafetyNet and Verify Apps.
Google Play Services comes pre-installed on your Android device. Your apps may not work properly if you uninstall Google Play services from your phone. It is needed to update apps through the Google Play Store. The updates happen independently of the Android Operating System. It allows your smartphone to use the latest versions of apps without upgrading to the latest Android version. It is possible to disable Google Play Services on your phone. But if you want all your apps to run smoothly, then you need to keep them enabled.
- Helps update Google apps
- Provides better user experience
- Helps android apps to run smoothly
- Allows you to use the latest app versions without upgrading to the latest Android version
- Runs quietly in the background at all times
- Updates itself automatically
- Apps will not run smoothly without it
Google Play Services is present in every Android smartphone and tablet. It comes pre-installed on your device, so you don’t have to download it separately. It plays a very crucial role for your Android phone. Force stopping or uninstalling Google Play Services may stop many of your apps to function.
This particular service runs in the background at all times. The good thing is it doesn’t interfere with other apps. Google Play Services is needed to keep your Google Apps updated.
They release regular updates for Google Play Services. The software can update itself automatically without any interference from the user. The presence of Google Play Services improves user experience. It is needed by many of the apps on your phone. Therefore, it is recommended to not disable it.